On Monday I shared with you a selection of watercolour motifs. In the second part of my process I will show you how I create designs for the Tea Towels.
The design brief: A bright fresh tea towel design featuring oranges, lemons & limes painted with watercolours
- First I created a selection of repeat tiles by arranging the motifs within the tile.
- These tiles were laid out and repeated to the shape of my tea towel. (52cm x 65cm tea towel size)
- You can at this point see how the repeat is looking, and can then go back to the tile to re-adjust where you feel necessary.
- You dont have to work with the tiles you can place your motifs directly onto the tea towel shape and arrange as I have done for the lemon and limes with little square borders
- Once I was happy with the designs I went on to mock them up digitally to showing them as photographic images to see what they will look like once printed.
- Once you get going you can with just a few motifs create numerous design ideas, I quite like the one where the lemons are overlaid on top of the spot design.
- Working in this way you can quickly create coordinating designs that work together, maybe designing to sell in packs of two tea towels.
Thank you for reading! I hope you have all enjoyed this small snapshot of how I create my designs and have given you some ideas of what you can achieve with your own artwork...
I will have more for you next week so please keep checking back.
If you didn't catch Monday's post please click the link
If you have any comments or questions please enter in the comments below, If I have the answers I will reply : )
Sign up to receive offers & new stufflivepages::jquery(); ?>